C'est La Vie

"No longer forward nor behind
I look in hope and fear;
But grateful take the good I find,
The best of now and here."
- John G. Whittier

Friday, January 08, 2010

Sleeping Beauty

I read that important life experiences are much in need in order to establish successful growth.
On the outside it translates as passivity; sleeping your life away. Basically, it comes down to festering. Your inner turmoil can only sit there and fester within you because you don't know what to make of it. Seeing it in terms of Sleeping Beauty helps one to see life as their own fairy tale. That this phase of passivity will run its course while life continues to evolve around you; while you are sleeping through life, stuck in your adolescent rut. Only to be rest assured that your happy ending will occur. You will....wake up. One day.

So I guess that means I have the Sleeping Beauty syndrome. I have this idea - I call it hope - that I will wake up from this feeling of self-loss. That in my struggle of "nothing," as each day passes, time is somehow healing me and when I am well enough rested I will wake up, with the sudden delight of having found myself again. I will have woken up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home